1 cup Almonds (preferrably almonds that have been soaked in an acidulated medium (i.e. lemon juice) for at least eight hours.)
1 cup dates
5 tablespoons raw cacao (cocoa) powder
4 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
2 tablespoons honey (optional) *I would not recommend honey for people who are trying to lose weight. The bars are sweet enough without it anyways!
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
–Frosting choices below
1. Place almonds alone in your food processor and process until crumbly.
2. Add dates to the almonds and process again until the mixture sticks together and the dates are well processed.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and process again until the mixture turns dark chocolatey brown. Stop processing before it gets too buttery. (There should still be air between the small bits so that you will be able to press them down into your brownie pan.)
4. Dump the mixture into a loaf pan
5. Store in Refrigerator
Almond Butter Fudge Frosting
3 tablespoons raw cacao (cocoa) powder
2 teaspoons coconut oil
2 teaspoons honey (optional)
3 tablespoons of Almond butter
1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
1. Stir all ingredients together and spread on top of you Raw Brownie bars.
Chocolate Date Frosting
1 cup dates
1/4 cup raw cacao (cocoa) powder
1/4 cup cold-pressed coconut oil
3/4 cup water
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract or Rum
1. Process all ingredients in a high powered blender. Pour over brownie bars.
**Frosting may be slightly runny but will firm up in the refrigerator.
We hope you enjoy this recipe! It’s a great snack for the kid’s lunches or for after a workout. If you want additional nutrition information or recipes feel free to send me an email. Aubrey (the brains behind the bar) is an amazing baker and sweet connoissuer. She bakes specialty birthday cakes, wedding cakes, and extravagant desserts of all kinds. If you are interested in placing an order for healthy, or unhealthy (sometimes you gotta indulge!), sweets and treats you can contact me via email, call my cell (248-877-5437), or talk to me at the gym.